Monday, January 19, 2009

I DESERVE....

What a loaded statement...just those two words "I deserve". What do I deserve? Do I deserve Love? Do I deserve kindness? Do I deserve a hot shower? Yes. Yes. and Yes. Its hard to swallow. This girl, Me. This girl that has drank herself stupid more times than I can count. This girl, that has been so mean and selfish in her past. Yes. Especially me. Especially now. In sobriety I deserve everything I have ever wanted. I always thought all the wrong things would make me happy. God is Love, and mixed with sobriety, I am full today. I deserve love today. I deserve a better life today. Today I am blessed.

If you are one day sober, you are blessed.
If you are 16 years sober, you are blessed.

Its a good day to start living, to start deserving.

No comments:

Post a Comment